Battlelords is a game set in a dangerous future, where an Alliance of Humans and roughly a dozen other species are fighting for survival. Your Wild Cards are citizens of the Galactic Alliance, which spans large portions of the Milky Way. The species that comprise the Alliance pool their resources to expand, improve, and protect each other from external threats like the Arachnid hordes and the Atlantean nanite swarms. Despite their best efforts, the Arachnids (aka ‘Nids) have destroyed worlds and decimated populations as they advance into Alliance territory, during the 2nd Arachnid Incursion.
Inside the Alliance, the mega-corporations (aka mega-corps) make everything, own everything, and run everything from behind the scenes. Nearly everyone works for a mega-corp, and they employ armies of corporate mercenaries and spies to enforce their will and wage secret wars against their competitors. Getting hired on as a corporate merc or spy is good pay, but you sign your life away for a contract measured in years. You're expendable and every time you screw up the mega-corps just extend your contract.
Want to find out all there is to know about the Battlelords universe and the beings that reside within it? This is the book for you!
The Alliance Setting Guide includes information about:
- The Arachnids and their techno-organic minions
- The Atlantean nanite swarms
- The Alliance (culture, crime, law, travel, places of interest)
- Mercenary Companies
- Bounty Hunters & Sheriffs
- Privateering & Piracy
- The Galactic Armed Forces
- Game Mastering
- Running short and long term campaigns
- Tech Levels
- The Meta Plot (What's really going on behind the scenes)
In addition the Setting Guide also includes rules and info for:
- 12 different spacecraft are detailed, including fighters and shuttles.
- 6 sets of deck plans are also included.
- Character Development Tables.
- Roll on the I Was Just Growing Up tables & Fickle Finger of Fate table to flesh out your Wild Card’s background.
You will need the Battlelords for Savage Worlds Core Rulebook and the Savage Worlds rulebook to play this game.